Wednesday, December 15, 2004

patience

I am cultivating the art of patience. A husband can be very trying indeed. He can also be very nice to have around however, and I do like having mine. He's very warm during cold winter nights and he's a very dab hand with the cooking. This more than makes up for the fact that he's hopeless at cleaning the car and doing odd jobs around the house. Also he occasionally mows the lawn during summer - once the grass has grown above a minimum height of 15 cm.

I'm not sure if mine is one of the worst husbands for procrastination. He seems almost unable to make decisions without having to ponder for eons. He has now been pondering about his career path for the past few months. Granted there were events that has resulted in him being stressed, and that had taken his mind off the decision that he has to make but there are times when the events are out of his circle of influence. By my books, I don't need to spend time worrying about stuff that I cannot change, so therefore I spend my time on stuff that I can change. I feel he should do the same. However I try to share this with him though, it does not seem to work. He's fixated on the "nagging" issue. Any word of advice from me with regards to his career is interpreted as "nagging".

He seems to be easily distracted / bogged down by these events. And when he loses his temper everything shifts, so all the steps he's taken to reach whatever stage of his decision seems to be completely wiped out, and he has to start all over again from step 1! This seems to tie in with his inability to let go of his anger - sometimes he will nurse it and go a few days without talking to me. Very much a Jekyll and Hyde character, when he's in a good mood there is nothing that he will not do, and there is no husband better than he is. He will tape shows for me to watch, that he feels that I'm interested in, make breakfast and lunch and dinner for me, massages are not a problem. Heaven.

Obviously this is why we are still married after all these years, I can't take the Hyde version for more than a few days at a time, and fortunately I don't have to. The rest of the time he's lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home