Monday, February 14, 2005

a new year

Hmm... well my husband is still unemployed. But he's still making delicious dinners. It's got to the point that I prefer his cooking to going out and eating in a restaurant. Therefore we only go out to restaurants where it is difficult to re-create the dishes with the ingredients available in the UK. For example, Japanese food. Mmm... I've somewhat given up on nagging him in the interests of keeping peace in the house - there are blessings, not least the food and the massages. Perhaps I shouldn't be too upset about his lack of motivation to find a job.

The only thing that bothers me slightly is that I should be having a child soon, being over 30 and all. Feeling the obligation is a far cry from the actual deed, however. Somehow I can't see myself in the role of nappy-changing house mom. I'm more of a hire a nanny to look after the little kiddies, and a maid to clean up after them type of woman. Plus a gardener to do the garden. Help is not too expensive even in the UK. Something to consider and keep in mind for the future. In the meantime, it's time for my yummy lamb stew dinner.

2 Comments:

Blogger MJ or temptation said...

in my opinion, you have no business having a baby if you are going to hire some stranger to care for it. If you are not the 'mothering' type, the answer is simple, don't become a mother.

9:24 pm  
Blogger JDI said...

you're definitely a yummy-mummy type. Hope you're happy living your life through your children, putting unknown pressures on them, and wasting your life to boot.

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home