Friday, July 15, 2005

gedanken experiment

After watching a recent episode of Nip/Tuck where Wilbur's father finally found the strength to take him home and face his wife of 30 years with a child from a one-night stand, my husband asked me what my reaction would be if I was to be in that man's wife's position and he were in Wilbur's father's. [Wilbur was supposed to have been Troy's son though as it turned he out wasn't, but was fathered by another man]

Hmmm... well that would depend I think on whether we had children at that time. If we did then I would most likely forgive him.

If not then I'm not so sure. Considering that I'm postponing my childbearing until after he'd finish his studies, since most of my money is going towards his not insubstantial fees - this year it's £13k - if in the end I find I cannot have children due to the fact that I've waited too long but he then went and found some other woman to impregnate... that might be a little difficult to forgive.

According to my life plan, at this stage I would have had at least my first child and perhaps my 2nd or 3rd. Very likely a nanny to help look after. In this plan of course both myself and my husband would be working, and that both our salaries should be at a similar level - if his is higher I won't complain. From this point on, all I would have had to worry about would how to bring up the children properly, private school fees (because the british schools are too dumbed down to be of any benefit to any of its pupils but the most challenged), and of course the mortgage, and perhaps a property and shares investment portfolio.

I think I've had to shift my plans by at least 5 years. Let's hope all the organic food is indeed keeping the free radicals at bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home